Briefing: potential changes to federal electoral laws and what this means for civil society
Join us for a briefing on the potential changes to federal electoral laws and what this means for civil society, co-hosted by the Stronger Charities Alliance, Australian Progress and the #OurDemocracy Campaign.
When: Thursday 22nd June 2023 at 10:00am-11:30am AEST (That's 9:30 Central time and 8:00 Western)
Where: Online on Zoom. You will receive the link when you RSVP.
This is an open event for any civil society organisations who might be impacted by these changes.
At this webinar, we'll share:
- The changes the Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters are considering making to our electoral laws, in particular how election campaigns are financed
- How these changes might impact charities who advocate in the lead up to elections
- How these changes may or may not help address the influence of harmful industries on our democracy
- How the proposed changes compare to the gold-standard reforms that civil society is championing
- How we as civil society can work together to strengthen the reforms
Speaker details coming soon.